"All Aboard the Bus" Field Trip Grant Program
All Aboard the Bus Field Trip Grant Application - the grant window is closed for 2016. It will re-open Spring 2017.
Past Grant Recipients
All Aboard the Bus
The California Missions Foundation, with grants from the William H. Hannon Foundation, the Monterey Peninsula Foundation's Youth Fund, the Nancy Buck Ransom Foundation, the Pebble Beach Company Foundation and the Upjohn California Fund, is pleased to provide funding for Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Monterey County Title 1 elementary schools to take 4th grade students to their local mission and see first-hand the rich history of our state.
Applications for the current school year will be accepted beginning April 1, and must be submitted no later than October 31. Only one online application per school is accepted for all 4th grade classes at the school. Completed online applications, including a written quote from the bus transportation company, must be submitted no later than October 31. The California Missions Foundation will award grants in December of the corresponding year.
Applying for a Grant
Title 1 elementary school 4th grade classes in Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Monterey County are eligible to apply. The grant covers 80% of the cost of transportation (up to $1,000.00) for students, teachers, and chaperones. The school must match the remaining 20% of the grant through fund-raising and/or parent participation.
Schools in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino County may choose between Mission San Gabriel and Mission San Fernando. Monterey County schools may visit Mission Carmel, Mission Soledad, Mission San Juan Bautista or Mission San Antonio de Padua.
The California Missions Foundation sends grant checks in care of the contact person indicated on the application. The school is responsible for contacting the mission and bus transportation company to arrange the date and time of the field trip. To ensure funding is in hand, field trips should be planned between February and May. After visiting the mission each teacher is asked to submit a brief summary (no more than one page) outlining the highlights of your visit and should include “quotes” from teachers and/or students regarding their experience. Also, send CMF picture/s of their school at the mission to be used in the CMF Newsletter and/or website. Schools must submit these items to remain eligible for participation the following year.